: Please attend. We can't play well as a team
unless we practice as a team. Those who attend practice the most may
play the most, although everyone who attends a game will play at least
50% of the game.
Philosophy & Objective
- Teach Soccer fundamentals & teamwork
- A safe environment
- Our success will be measured by the above & by our improvement,
not by wins & losses.
- All players must wear proper shinguards to every practice and every
game. Hard surfaces of shinguards must be covered with socks. (Referees
will check this).
- No shoes with front cleats may be worn (i.e., no baseball or football
shoes if they have a front cleat, unless you cut it off). Only rubber cleats
are allowed; metal cleats are not allowed. (Referees will check).
- No jewelry, metal devices, or hazardous equipment may be worn. (Casts
can be allowed if they are padded & the Referee approves them before
- Each player should bring a plastic water bottle to games and practices.
- Each player should have a stitched ball (as opposed to a hard seamless
ball) of proper size. (Soccer balls come in 3 different sizes: 3, 4, &
5. The ball size is shown on the ball. Also, look for a stamp that says
either “official size & weight” or “FIFA Approved”. Even if a ball is
the official weight, some balls are heavier & harder than others. Don’t
get a ball that is too heavy or hard (some seamless balls are especially
hard). Some balls are so hard that it is painful to kick them. If you have
a choice, a shiny, waterproof surface is best because it won’t absorb water
& will last longer. Test the ball to see if it’s round & will fly
straight by tossing it into the air with a lot of spin on it to see if it
wobbles. U-6 & U-8 use a size 3; U-10 & U-12 use a size 4; and U-13
& older use a size 5 ball). We will use a size _________ ball.
- "Positive encouragement is good; negative comments are bad."
- “Cheering is good, but do not yell at your child or anyone else’s child
during the game. It can be distracting & what you tell them may be different
from what the coaches are saying. If you would like to be an assistant coach,
please call me, I would love your help.”
- “Be careful not to say anything that might be taken the wrong way or
hurt someone’s feelings. Remember: this is for fun & these are children.”
- “Be a good role model & a good sport.”
- “Do not yell at the referees or say anything bad to or about the other
team. Never boo the other team or cheer when they make a mistake.”
A. Behavior Rules
- Everyone must follow all directions given by the coaches & assistant
- Everyone must hustle & do their best
- “When I talk you must be still & listen”
- I expect everyone to be a good sport whether we win or lose (this includes
- “No cursing or name calling”.
- Disruptive or disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
B. Safety Rules
- Keep your hands to yourself
- Do not kick the ball in the air unless I tell you it is okay (otherwise
kids will be getting hit in the back of the head)
- Dangerous behavior will not be tolerated
I have an obligation to your child & to everyone involved to not allow
certain types of behavior. If your child has a history of problem behavior,
please call me so we can talk about how to deal with it. I will try to
follow the policy described below. If you disagree with this policy or
any part of it, please call me immediately:
|I will talk to the child & explain what they are
doing that is unacceptable & why, and ask them to stop it.
|If they persist, I will ask them to do 10 “knee jumps”
(they stand still & jump, raising their knees to waist height. This is
quick & less disruptive than laps).
|If they still persist, I will ask them to go to the
side line until they are ready to obey the rules. I will take them over to
the side & speak to them privately & explain to them that they are
disrupting practice (or doing something unsafe) & that I won’t tolerate
it & that if it happens again I am going to make them sit out until their
parents arrive & then talk to their parents.
|If they still persist, I will ask them to sit on the
side line until their parents arrive at which time I will talk to the parents.
|If they still persist at any future practice, or if
the parents don’t support the need for discipline, I will give the parents
the choice of attending each practice so they are present to observe &
enforce discipline, or I will ask them to resign from the team and I will
file a written report with the league administrator.
|Please fill out the attached Medical Conditions &
Emergency Treatment Form. Important: Everyone must fill this out.
|Volunteers are encouraged. Please fill out
the attached form if you would like to help in any way. We need all the
help we can get!
I am excited about coaching your child this season. Please call me if you
have any questions or anything to discuss. If a game schedule isn’t attached,
I will hand it out later.
Copyright SoccerHelp.com. This form may be copied, revised and used as long as this is left on the bottom of the form.