We received the following letter from a subscriber:
I love the site and tell all my fellow coaches about it. I have question regarding an element of the game that I don't know if it is addressed anywhere on your site. For lack of a better word I'll call it the transition game or tactics and skills to get the ball out of your end and start an attack or at least maintain possession out of your own defensive third. We were in a game a week ago where we (midfield and forwards) couldn't gain and/or hold possession on cleared balls from our defense.
Our response (the following topics are links on the SoccerHelp Premium version of this document):
This is a common problem and is addressed a lot on SoccerHelp Premium. Read the following in SoccerHelp Premium:
- "Attacking Plan"
- "How To Teach Soccer Formations": the "Clarification" (2nd paragraph), item 5 under the response to Question 1, and number 3.e. of the response to Question number 9.
- "Quick Team Improvement Program", no. 4, 6, 7, 8 and 9.
- "41 Tips, Tactics & Strategies", no. 5, 8 and 9.
- "Formations", item "f".
- Our response in no. 7 under "Formations and Tips For 7 v 7" (our response is in Red). Also, no. 8, 9, 10 and 11.
- "23 Of The Best SoccerHelp Tips & Tactics", no. 4, 11, 13 and 19.
- "How To Teach Defensive Recovery"
Subscriptions to SoccerHelp Premium support the continued improvement of SoccerHelp. Premium is "The Next Step" and contains over 800 pages of additional material that is not on SoccerHelp Basic. Click here to view a copy of the Premium Home Page