Soccer Evaluation Form to Evaluate Soccer Players
My league's season ends this Saturday and I'm trying to implement some end of season administrative tasks. I'd like to:
1) Have each coach 'rate' each player on his or her team. I'm thinking of the options 1) Game changer 2) Above average 3) Average 4) Below Average 5) More of a help to the other team. I'd use this when putting together teams for the fall season.
Anyone ever tried this? Holding tryouts, or rating sessions is a no-go as no one will step up to do this and my plate is too full.
2) Have each parent fill out a satisfaction survey. I want to find out what the parents like/don't like, etc. I'm just hesitant because I don't want to have it turn into a 'I HATEZ MY KEEDZ COACH' from all the losing team's parents.
Anyone have any insight, suggestions or anything else?
Hi Coach S,
I suggest you ask a few more questions to get some specifics about the players. Here are some ideas for you to play with that might help you balance the teams:
As for the coaches evaluation form, I think it's a good idea for 2 reasons
- Speed (circle one) -- very fast... fast... average, slow
- Aggressiveness/Bravery -- tough and aggressive... average... timid and afraid of contact
- Attitude and Attendance -- Great attitude and comes to 90% of practices and games... average... bad attitude or rarely shows up
- Skills -- Excellent... Average... Weak
- Best position -- This player is best at: Goalie... Defense... Midfield... Forward
- Can this player score? (circle one) Great scorer... Good scorer... Maybe... No
- Can this player play Goalie? (circle one) Great Goalie... Good Goalie...Average Goalie... Not a Goalie
These are just ideas, and I'm not saying they are good ones. I hope others will chime in.
Please let us know what you do. I think this type of info can be vey useful.
David at SoccerHelp
- It will let coaches know they need to be nice and a good coach
- If you ask some questions on it, it will give you an idea of what a coach is doing and if you have any problem coaches, or problems in general. Here are some ideas:
- Did the Coach come to Practice?
- If practice was cancelled, were you notified?
- Was the Coach nice to the players?
- Did your child learn much about soccer?
- Was the Coach a good sport?
- Was the Coach a good role model?
- Would you recommend this coach to other parents? Why, or why not?