- Coach shouts "Go" and rolls or passes the ball straight across (parallel to the goal), like a soft crossing pass.
- On "Go", the first player in line starts his run forward to intercept the ball. (Tell players to start fast, taking long steps and as they reach the point of interception to take shorter steps).
- The player takes a short backswing and kicks the ball into the net. (Tell them to keep their head down, eyes on the ball, and to start out by blocking the ball using the inside of the foot. As they improve, they can try for more power, although much of their power should come from their forward momentum).
- After a while, stop saying "Go" and make the players watch the ball and start their run when it is passed.
- The Shooter either runs to retrieve the ball or goes to the back of the line.
Coach moves closer to the line of players (within 5 steps) & tosses the ball so it lands a few steps in front of the first player in line who should run onto the ball and volley it into the goal (ideally, strike it before it hits the ground, but if that isn't possible, strike it on the first bounce).