Introduction to Formations
What You Will Learn:
- What is meant by a formation?
- How teams have two formations - one for defending which is the one stated in newspapers, etc, and one for attacking.
- Key issues that arise when different formations play each other.
- When to change your formation.
- Why most teams play 4 - 4 - 2.
"I'm not sure how important the formation is. What I do know is that players need to feel comfortable with the job you're asking them to carry out."
--Brian Clough, Walking on Water
Return to Advanced Soccer Tactics Preview Navigation Page