SOCCER PRACTICE GAMES
"Chip Shots" * * * *
(U-10 & up)
Summary: An effective way to practice chip shots, which are a fundamental skill. Easy set-up, lots of touches & a game format. Teaches:
- Every player should know how to chip the ball for shots, for long passes & as a way to clear the ball. (The key is to kick down, under the ball. Watch the technique of those who can do it well). See Section 2, "How To Teach The Chip Shot Or Pass" at SoccerHelp.com.
- Same as "Passing Pairs Game" from 10 steps apart (do this as a continuation of the passing game while they are still paired & cones are out). If an odd number of players, the coach or a parent should play.
- See which team can complete 15 chip shots first. Ask each team how many they completed.
- Each chip shot that can be caught in the air by the kicker's teammate counts as one point
- As they improve, move them 15 steps apart.
Copyright 1999-2002, Kay Huddleston
Back to Practice Games Contents Page Back to SoccerHelp Home Page