Below is Part of the Detailed Review of Gol! (the rest of the Review is on SoccerHelp), Watch Video Clips of Gol!. "I just watched Gol! Last night. The footwork and dribbling are utterly jaw-dropping! Great video, produced extremely well. I also liked the special feature section. Offers good insight into soccer life in Brazil. Thanks for your recommendation." Coach Bruce
Our favorite DVD for Soccer Moves and Footwork
Get Fired Up for Fall Soccer
Most Fun and Motivating Soccer DVD
Take a Break from the Economy
English Boys Playing Soccer Like Brazilians
Brazilian Foot Skills and Ball Control Training Program
Summary and who it is suitable for:: This is our favorite footwork/moves/ball control video for experienced players age 9 and older and coaches of those players. However, the "Super Soccer Skills" DVD is still better for beginners and players ages 7 and 8. Every Travel, School Player and Coach should own this, as well as every Recreational player age 9 or older who wants to improve footwork or ball control. Every coach at any level will get good training and warm-up ideas from this DVD, and players will be motivated by watching it. It is really fun, eye-opening and entertaining.
Detailed Index of Contents:
- Coaching Sessions:
Minute Topic 00:00 Part 1. Introduction- Simon Clifford: Simon Clifford is the founder of the Brazilian Football Academy and Brazilian Soccer Schools and did the soccer training for the "Bend it Like Beckham" movie. His program now has over 150,000 students and is in over 400 soccer schools 1:16 Part 2. Footwork, Moves, and Controlling the Ball- Basic moves (This is called the "Foundation" and can be done inside the house) 3:13 Using the sole of the foot -- A basic training move using the sole of the foot to move the ball (can be done inside) 4:35 "Stepping Out" (what we call "Tap on Top") - This can be done inside the house 6:30 "Step + Cross Over". Tap on Top and a behind the leg touch (this is difficult) 7:45 Step Over Push Out" - This is very difficult 9:20 The Ronaldo 12:20 The Emerson 13:30 Part 3. The boys favorite footwork exercises (a variety of fast feet exercises are shown). This is fun to watch. 23:30 Part 4. Juggling using the outside of the feet 25:50 Juggling using the inside of the foot. 27:20 Combined Juggling 29:00 Low-High Juggling 32:00 Low-High with Spin 33:40 Using your thighs 35:22 Using your Chest 36:45 Using your Shoulder 38:00 Thighs, Shoulder, Head 39:35 Part 5. Freestyle. Watch this - it is amazing. 43:07 Part 6. Possession soccer (examples of how the moves can be used in a game - this is fun to watch) 46:53 Part 7. Passing and Receiving (this emphasizes the importance of practicing short passes, like our "Passing Pairs" game) 49:05 3 Meter Passes - Very good, like our Passing Pairs game. 49:52 Using the Sole of the Foot - This is Good 51:51 The Slam Over - a deceptive reception 52:32 Coventional Passing/Receiving (English style) 54:02 Controlling a High Ball 54:40 Adding Disguise When Receiving a Pass 55:47 Passing using the outside of the foot 57:08 Using the Ronaldo move to beat the opponent 58:52 Juggle passes 60:30 Part 8. Controlling the ball in the air 60:50 Returning the ball using the inside of foot (This is Good. Like our "Volleying Pairs" game on Premium) 61:30 Controlling Spin 62:42 Controlling Balls at varying angles, speeds and spins 63:48 Returning the ball using outside of foot 64:20 Controlling the ball with thigh, head and chest 66:30 Passing with your head 67:39 Passing a bouncing ball (this is very good) 70:35 Controlling the ball while on the ground 72:10 Part 9. Ways to lift the ball from the ground (19 ways to use the feet to lift the ball from the ground into the air. These are amazing). 74:25 Part 10. Striking the ball 74:30 Using Backspin on passes (Excellent demonstration) 76:16 Using the inside of the foot to strike the ball and curve it (Excellent demonstration, the best we've seen) 80:00 Using outside of foot to strike the ball and curve it (Excellent demonstration, the best we've seen) 83:10 Part 11. Beating your opponent (1 v. 1 moves). Watch these, they are fun. 85:30 Part 12. Credits and End
- Bonus: Mr. Woo's 14 Minute Workout. (NOTE: This part doesn't play properly on some DVD players. Consider it a bonus if it works. ) Juggling the ball using every part of the body. Normal players are not going to be able to do this, and it isn't very applicable to real soccer; it's like watching a professional juggler, not a soccer player who can juggle. The commentary doesn't start until 2:20 minutes into it. Every copy of the U.S. version of Gol! has this problem and it doesn't help to for us to send a different copy. Assume this part won't work, but you aren't missing anything that would help you as a coach or that would help your players.
- Bonus: Special Features:
- Simon Clifford discusses the International Federation Of Futebol De Salao
- From Favales to Flumimese. An interview with Roger Galera, a professional player with Fluminese Football Club.
- Zico's school of Futebol. Zico was a famous Brazilian player.
- From street kid to International star. An interview with Jota Jota, a coach who started a free soccer school for poor kids in Brazil.
- Futebol Do Salao. An interview with Jorge Loureiro of Flamengo RJ.
- On the beach. Soccer on the beaches of Brazil.