How to Help a Losing Soccer Team
Advice to Soccer Coach Whose Team is Losing all Their Games
What to Do at Soccer Practice
An Easy Way to Motivate Young Soccer Players to Listen, to Come to Soccer Practice, and to Hustle
Soccer Patches Only 37 Cents Each for 200
I have been reading over your website and clicking on different links and reading over stuff. I was thinking of joining SoccerHelp Premium. I am a u7 coach/parent who took over the team my girls play on, with no knowledge of soccer. This is the end of my second season and I am signed up for next season when our team will be u8. I had no prior soccer experience before except playing in the play ground at school. Most of the girls seem to be slow to pickup the skills I try and teach, they don't seem to listen, I hate yelling and we don't win any games. And, I am never sure of how to structure practice. I feel like I am failing these girls and holding them back. When I started last season, the league just handed me a drill book and I took a clinic to get my G license. I have bought a few videos I found online and I have read a couple of books since so I have learned something but we haven't improved.
I am just wondering with so many links on your site, where I should start? Our spring season only has one more game and then starts again in Sept. Nearly all the girls are returning to play.
You will become a successful coach because you have the desire to, and you don't have to yell to be successful -- there's a better way.
If you read the Testimonials on SoccerHelp, you will see that there are over 300 letters from coaches who have SoccerHelp has helped. Many have gone from losing most or all of their games to winning.
I got started just like you about 15 years ago. I had no knowledge of soccer, the league didn't give me anything, couldn't find a book that told me what I needed to know, took classes, etc., but it didn't work, so I had to invent a way that worked for Rec coaches.
It's easy to fix your problems. Just follow these steps:
I can relate to your feelings, concerns and frustration -- I've been there. If you trust me about this you will be glad you did. Follow the SoccerHelp Premium Program and use the patches and I think you will be amazed by the results, and you, the kids and the parents will be thrilled.
Please let me know how you do.
David at SoccerHelp
- First, forget what you learned in the class you took and from the books and DVDs you read -- it obviously isn't working for you. The traditional information doesn't work for Rec coaches. Read the Testimonials on SoccerHelp. The SoccerHelp Program works because it's a better, more effective way to teach, and the Practice Games are "self-teaching" -- you will see fast results.
- Go ahead and join Premium -- there's a 30 day money back guarantee. There's a lot more info than on SoccerHelp Basic and Premium is much easier to navigate -- there's a very long list of topics, there are Navigation Pages, over 4,000 links and 70 Premium Practice Games. There is a re-usable Coupon on Premium for 10% off the price of any merchandise, including patches.
- On Premium, start with "Most Important" -- there's a link to it in the Top Yellow bar on Premium.
- All you have to do is use the "Premium Practice Plans", play Premium Practice Games at practice (just use them - don't use others), motivate your players to come to Practice and to listen to you by using our motivational patches, and choose a Formation and "Style of Play" that gives your team a chance to be successful (see below).
- The best way to motivate your players to come to practice, to listen and to hustle is to buy our motivational soccer patches. On SoccerHelp you can read over 100 Testimonials from coaches who have used them. Just click the link to "Testimonials", then "Patch Testimonials". We've sold almost 1 million in the past 12 months. Here's a typical testimonial: "The patches are the absolute best motivational tool I have found in seven years of coaching three daughters. I currently coach a U12 Girls team in the toughest division of our league." Coach Chad, CA When I coached I used the patches and they worked for me. They are cheap and a bargain compared to the frustration you are having. They can make a difference between losing and winning, and you and your players will remember your coaching days fondly, and good memories are important. Here's an example of how much difference they can make, and how quickly they can turn around a team: "I can't say enough about the tried and true results of using these patches! This very same team that lost ALL 8 games in the fall, won 7 out of 8 games this spring!!! The kids wanted those patches!!!" Coach Gayla, Missouri The patches are only 37 cents each if you buy 200, and shipping is a flat $2.95 per order. The patches such as the Happy Face, Stars, A for Attitude and Effort, D for Defense, V for Victory and the Lightning Bolt, can be used for any sport. Many coaches find a sponsor to buy the patches or ask parents to contribute. There is a re-usable Coupon on Premium for 10% off the price of any merchandise, including patches.
- Use the Premium Practice Plans
- Play the SoccerHelp Premium Practice Games at Practice, especially "Dribble Across a Square", "Dribble Around Cone & Pass Relay Race" (use it to teach Aggressive Receiving), "Shoulder Tackle and Strength on the Ball" and "Win the 50/50 Ball or Be the First Defender 1v1 Attacking and Defending". IMPORTANT: DO what Premium tells you and stick to it. If you do, I can just about guarantee success -- if you listen to other coaches and use inefficient or ineffective drills, then you will get the same results you have been getting.
- Teach Coaching Rule No. 3 - it's easy to teach (about 15 minutes) and worth 2 goals pre game in U8 Rec.
- Choose a Formation that allows your team to be successful. (Read "Stopper Importance" and consider a formation that has a Stopper)
- Choose a "Style of Play" that allows your team to be successful. (You will almost certainly want to "Defend Deep" instead of "Pushing Up" your Fullbacks when you attack).